Lauv-Modern Loneliness 
We're never alone, but always depressed.
I feel like the singer is talking about our bad habits in how we have those who care but never try to talk to them about your life and what's happening and so we fall into a trap of never telling anyone how you feel and your holding in all that negativity and others do the same as of why he said "you get what you give and you give what you get."
Modern Loneliness describes the loneliness of people nowadays. Even though communication software is now developed, the distance between people doesn't get closer than we thought. Although not alone, we often feel lonely.
In this song, Lauv want to express the contradictory loneliness of the modern people.
The following lyrics impress me:
"Love my friends to death, but I never call them I never text them" I related to this so much before...it's something that comes with depression but no one really talks about. It makes you isolate and distance yourself from everyone you love.
I seldom really tell my friends my dark thoughts when I getting older. When I see them, I only share my happy experiences and funny encounters with other people. I only share those things that I think are worth-sharing and not those which are kinda sad and depressing because I don't want to be a burden to them. But seriously, I'm grateful to have people who I can call friends.

留言